Monthly Archives: June 2015

FremOn30 June update

Progress has been slow with other things getting in the way. 2 3 way turnouts have been ordered  from Cream city  One will form the throat for the fiddle yard. The other will be used when the fiddle yard is expanded.

image

 

The depot boards are taking sharp, with nearly all the track laid. I still have to do the baseboard end tracks and solder to copper clad sleepers. These are nearly all cut and ready.

image

 

All the the tortoise point motors are fitted and I have started fitting the DCC Specialists turnout control. I’m using the Wabbit I’ve not used either of these before so will post how I get on.

image

I have also been working on legs. I have reused the legs from Bouviers Peak. These have been turned upside down, the cross bar adjusted to sort these boards and a new location peg fitted. I have also made from spare material that I used to build the boards. This maybe the design when the modules get raised to the full FremOn30 height. I have 3 more legs to adjust and enough material to make another trial leg.

image

 

The he boards are fitting together nicely. This join is my home made version of the standard end.

image

The two boards have now been set up in the shed allowing for more work to be undertaken. The next job is wiring. I’m hoping this won’t take to long and too have trains running soon.